jetrefueller
Regular
- Location
- Northern Ontario
I was trying to import a Colt thunderer 1877 I believe it is a sherrifs model or
might be a storekeepers model. Iv'e just been informed by the customs that it's a prohibited weapon because it has a two and a half inch barrel. Going by the serial number the gun was made in 1883 and therefore an antique.When did they start making antiques prohibited. I always thought it didn't matter how long the barrel was on an antique. Now they are saying it's defined in provision 84 of the criminal code section 136. Can anyone sugest what to do now? I havent had a chance to call them yet as I was out of town 4 days.
might be a storekeepers model. Iv'e just been informed by the customs that it's a prohibited weapon because it has a two and a half inch barrel. Going by the serial number the gun was made in 1883 and therefore an antique.When did they start making antiques prohibited. I always thought it didn't matter how long the barrel was on an antique. Now they are saying it's defined in provision 84 of the criminal code section 136. Can anyone sugest what to do now? I havent had a chance to call them yet as I was out of town 4 days.



















































