Gun Show find

tactical870

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
136   0   0
I made the drive to the Coboconk gun show this morning.I've been looking specifically for a Safari Arms Hawken rifle is 50 with the set triggers but haven't found a nice enough one yet. I found this one on a "deal rack" for $150 obo at the show. Probably the nicest wood I've seen on one of these yet. It has a couple tiny safe nicks but I'm almost certain it's never been fired. I'm actually shocked that the seller took my offer too..... :eek:

safariarms003.jpg


safariarms001.jpg
 
Actually a $100 rifle... :D

Actually, being 70, I always ask for "a Senior Citizen's Discount." It generally brings a laugh, and a lower $ figure.

Which does bring up an observation. If you don't ask, you will never get a lower price. You never know what will be accepted as an offer, and sometimes you get pleasantly surprised, as I imagine that you were.

And, I would not be surprised if you were to admit that you were prepared to split the difference.

A very nice find, indeed.
.
 
I had one of these a few years back and it was incredibly accurate and much better put together than a lot of the repro guns. Mine shot inside 2" at 50 yards with a patched round ball.
 
Many antiques at the show? Was going to go, but laziness won out over the 2 1/2 hour drive........

There was a ton of 32 and 38 RF stuff. A few pepperbox's and a few percussion colts. I think I saw a Manton and a Soper, a couple nice Hopkins and Allen rifles, a Vetterli single shot in 41 swiss cf for $195 too. As usualy lots of vintage leverguns. Decent prices on some stuff, through the roof on others. I almost spit out my coffee when I saw the 44 mag ammo at $55/box.
 
Sounds like you got the deal of the show. Very nice piece for deer season next year! The Colts sound interesting as well...
 
Well done. I've had one for almost 20 years. Bought it when I was in high school for $180 plus most of the stuff to go with it. Don't shoot it much but it does shoot well. Just so you know, the stocks are cast off 3/8" so to shoot them left handed is akin to being hit in the face with a phone book.
 
Back
Top Bottom