Gunsmith for Antique Revolvers

tactical870

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
136   0   0
I have a french 1892 service revolver in 8mm with a bent crane. Anyone know of a good gunsmith willing to take on an antique? My local guys won't touch it. Thanks
 
Last edited:
It does look good... Not cheap though.

I need a gun sleeved down from .38 cal to .25 cal. Anyone?

next month i should be set up to do this kind of work. i have a line on $15,000 worth of tools that i may get for $5000.00 would take some time to pay off , but i think it would be fun.

i want to make "drop in" kits that can be taken out of the cylinders
 
next month i should be set up to do this kind of work. i have a line on $15,000 worth of tools that i may get for $5000.00 would take some time to pay off , but i think it would be fun.

i want to make "drop in" kits that can be taken out of the cylinders

I say persue it, it would be an excellent hobby and it would pay off eventually.

I'm sure theres lots of gun nuts who would enjoy conversion kits.
 


I had a colt 1892 that I made to shoot .22mag. it was a Real fun gun to shoot. I had silver solders in cylinder liners (offset) and an off set barrel liner. Worked real nice.


. I have 5 colt 1892 cylinders and lots of .22mag barrels ends and old colt 1892 barrels maybe ill make a new colt 1892 in .22 mag.
 
I have a french 1892 service revolver in 8mm with a bent crane. Anyone know of a good gunsmith willing to take on an antique? My local guys won't touch it. Thanks

What is a bent crane???
I am not trying to be a smart a$$ I am wondering if it something that could be fixed by a metal worker or other tradesman????
 
The crane is the piece that swings out with the cylinder. Brownells makes a tool to straighten them but without experience I'd prefer to let a good gunsmith do it. Timing is an issue until the crane is done right.
 
The crane is required to swing the cylinder out for reloading or cleaning but does it provide any strength to the cylinder when fired..in other words is it under a heavy loading during firing? If not the only thing you have to worry about is metal fatigue to the point that when you bend it back into shape it breaks.
 
Back
Top Bottom