Gunsmith for revolver chamber reaming?

Epps with a long wait? I know there's some stuff they won't due with antiques anymore, but competent smithing at least.
 
If you want to save this gun, why not sell it, in it's original cal., and buy a Webly with that dough?
 
Last edited:
It seems to me a Webley goes for about $1500 more than these do. Don't have that kind of dough for something like this.
 
It's actually currently on the EE

Yes, it's been there for some time, for those that are paying attention.
If I didn't own a number of both already, I would be happy to help the member resolve his problem.

Point is that a a good '73 is surely not that far away from an average MKI.
If you want a shooter, I would think the difference number would be more in the $500.00 range. ie 1800 as apposed to 1300
I may be totally wrong as I haven't bought either for some time, but I hate to see yet another gun butchered. IMHO
 
Update:
No luck finding a gunsmith who could do the work, so did a bunch of research and took matters into my own hands.
I found a drill bit that was pretty close and reamed out the chambers myself, now it chambers .454 Casull cases nicely. The only problem is, the .454 I bought were a bit too long, so I seated the bullet deeper in the case by gently squishing it in a vice.
Can't wait to try it out! Stay tuned for a range report.
 
.
























Didya pick yourself off the floor yet?
I was joking of course. I traded it to a fella for the same model that was already reamed. All is right in the antique world.
 
Lol I read that post twice before I figured it out...
Good show keeping the gun unaltered and getting a shooter.
And yes, post video.
 
Back
Top Bottom