H&R Preimer

Badlag

CGN Regular
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Location
Ont.



So I was going though my gun safe, when i came upon a long forgot handgun. f:P:
As memory severs me i purchased this firearm 20 yr ago for about $35.00.
I did some Googlefu, (witch is not strong in this one) this is what I found out about her. With no marking on either side of the barrel she is blackpowder only.
I believe this one to be a .32 S&W (not sure if it is long or short) i am abit confused because from what i found it sould have 5 cambers, the one i have has 6. I would say her finish is about 80% to 85% there, cly and bore are good (shiney) rifleing is good. everything works and locks up tigth. I know her value to be about $100.00 give or take. She may have been made between 1897 - 1898 ?

I would appeicate any info and help with a positive I.D.. Top of barrel reads
Harrington & Richardson Arms Company Worcester, Mass. USA
Pat Oct 4 87 may14 & Aug 6 89 Apr 2 95 Apr 7 1896
Serial #F83### is on the underside of the top strap hidden by the cly.
#83### is under the pistol grip on the left side bottom
The last 3 digits are on the cly and ejector.
As i reload for modern ammo. I was thinking it would be fun to reload some BP loads for this old gal, kind of a change of pace. I would need a positive I D Caliber, grains of BP, and primer.
hrpreimer2.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
 
I have two cap and ball .31 cal revolvers and the recommended charge for BP is 14 grains the minimum is 10 grains. This may or may not help with your cartridge gun.
 
Back
Top Bottom