Had to build a new gunrack

mrclean89

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Location
Nanaimo, BC
Well the old one was a little tattered and way to small so I built a new one last week to coincide with my girlfriend and I moving in together.

Built out of western red ceader, I'll get some better pictures of it tonight this was a quick one I thought I would share.



Most of my blackpowder guns are on here. I realized after I drilled all the holes that there wasn't enough rack so I put 5" dowels in so I can put two to a rack if necessary.

It does fold up so it is easy to transport if I'm going to a gun show or what have you. All that's left to do is Noth the bottom supports and use pegs instead of screws to hold it all together so it is easy to take apart.

I will be making a smaller one for rendevous soon too.
 
Haven't seen a rack like that in 50 yrs, had one on the farm and most of the time something would have been loaded and ready to go, Try that today and all the BS storage laws would have no guns and in court to boot, Really a nice rack but we only had room for about 7-8 guns.
 
Yeah its a shame can't just have it in the living room. They are fortunately in a locked and secured gun room so legal. Also they are all antiques ;) real or legally so
 
Why couldn't you display your NR rifles like that if they were rendered inoperable. eg remove bolts or firing pins etc?

5. (1) An individual may store a non-restricted firearm only if

(a) it is unloaded;

(b) it is
(i) rendered inoperable by means of a secure locking device,
(ii) rendered inoperable by the removal of the bolt or bolt-carrier, or
(iii) stored in a container, receptacle or room that is kept securely locked and that is constructed so that it cannot readily be broken open or into; and

(c) it is not readily accessible to ammunition, unless the ammunition is stored, together with or separately from the firearm, in a container or receptacle that is kept securely locked and that is constructed so that it cannot readily be broken open or into.
 
If they're antiques, sor/98-209 the Storage, Display, Transportation and Handling of Firearms by Individuals Regulations clearly states:

ANTIQUE FIREARMS

*

14. (1) An individual may store, display or transport an antique firearm only if it is unloaded.

so, leave 'em on the rack, on display, just don't load 'em.
 
the concept of a gun room seems easy enough; must be difficult to break into and so forth. I just wonder if you could store your guns in a "gun house" ? Basically I don't see why a person could not broaden the concept of a gun room into a collection of rooms designed for the purpose of storing guns and multi tasked to permit things like eating and sleeping. :>) :>)

cheers mooncoon
 
If they're antiques, sor/98-209 the Storage, Display, Transportation and Handling of Firearms by Individuals Regulations clearly states:



so, leave 'em on the rack, on display, just don't load 'em.

...technically I believe that they wouldn't be considered "loaded" unless there were a priming cap on the nipple or powder in the pan. Legalities may vary from Province to Province, but here in Ontario, when hunting the arm isn't considered "loaded" unless it can fire(discharge).
Having said that, leaving a rifle with powder and ball in place is a foolish accident waiting to happen IMHO. Gawd forbid a house fire and what you'd get is a 21 gun salute you'd not soon forget ( not to mention the "rockets red glare" once the fire gets to the BP lock up! :))

OP where'd you get the Claymore? I really like the sword belt as well.
 
Thank you for all the kind words everyone!


The sword is a cas hanwei and it is a really well made sword. The Baldric came from GG Goodwin in the states. Not cheap but both well worth it.
 
Back
Top Bottom