Had to sell a few vintage Winchesters but ... (Photos)

Win 38-55

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
With six kids, I have pretty much zero budget for fine old guns, so I had to sell a couple old Winchesters in the last few weeks, but it was for a very good reason. I had the opportunity to purchase an original Winchester 1873 44-40 in very nice condition.

I never thought I'd ever own such a beautiful example of an original '73. Here's the info:

Serial number applied to receiver: May 28, 1889
Date received in the warehouse: August 1, 1889
Type: Rifle
Caliber: 44
Barrel: Round
Trigger: Plain
Date shipped: September 18, 1889
Order: 2378

Ladies and Gents, I am happy. This 123 year-old Winchester still has most of its blue and a shiny mint bore. I can hardly wait to get it to the range to see how the old timer shoots. I took a few photos at lunch today and here is the new addition to my small collection of, now, just six original Winchesters ....

full-side-view.jpg


oblique-view.jpg


Receiver.jpg


Leaning-on-fence.jpg
 
Beautiful rifle and outstanding photos(as usual :) ), congratulations on the very fine aquisition. It looks to be a perfect complement to you 1873 Colt.
 
Gorgeous rifle Kirk, that is a nice find. You have great taste in old Winchesters. I too am a sap when it comes to original case colors left on the hammer, lever, etc.
Stale bread and water is better than catfood though I guess.
Let us know how it shoots.
Matt
 
Back
Top Bottom