handgun ammunition

matt491

Regular
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Location
Toronto
The question of the day! Where do you buy yours? I'm just curious where everyone else is finding their great deals.
I recently picked up a 9mm and find it to be quite a bit more expensive than say my .22 rifle. Cheapest place I found for ammunition was my local hunting store, Le Baron.

They have remington 9mm, 124gr grounds. $14.67 for 50rds. Haven't found anywhere that beats it! Found a few online sources that came close, but shipping and taxes made it way more expensive.


SO! WHERE DO YOU GET YOURS!? How many canadian tire shoppers do we have =P
 
I load most of my ammo but I can buy factory reloads so cheap that it is hardly worth it. Frank in Gueph sells 9mm for around $9.00 a box. And that load withthe 135 LRN works very well in my guns. 519-824-5040

If you buy a thousand ot two, it is easly worth the drive.
 
I used to buy Blazer 124 FMJ from SGW. They don't eject worth crap because of the base groove is too shallow but they were $12.00/50rds. $11.00/50 if you bought 1000rds.
 
I frequent wss, TSE in calgary, and my local can tire. I buy them any time I find them near the 15-16 dollar mark. also stocking up on components for hand loading.
 
Check the dealers on here. The shipping can hurt but there are dealers in every part of the country. You could also look at ordering in bulk with a friend or someone at your range to split shipping.
 
I find great deals in my basement. The owner is a bit of a grump, and he uses robots and child labour, but other than that, he's cool.
 
Those prises are shocking. I have not bouught a box of factory ammo in a store for over 20 years. Reloading does have it's benifits.
 
I can't decide if its worth getting into reloading. reloaders.ca has the lee pro 1000 9mm reloading kit for $200. It looks like a great kit. Everything I've seen online has been great about it. No complaints from anyone that's reviewed it (as long as you clean it, but that's just like ANYTHING).

http://reloaders.ca/oscommerce/prod...id=58&osCsid=94aa5027416496ec61102d057bc4334d

Just add powders, casings and bullets.
 
Keep the empty cases for future and lend you Dillon for reloading in winter if you clean the driveway to enter my house. My be case of 24

Hah, I may just take you up on that offer. Or at least, shovel your driveway and bring you a 24 and spend an afternoon learning what it takes to reload. At least then I'd come out of it having a much better understanding of whats involved and if it's really for me. For now, I'm sitting on a couple hundred rounds of factory ammunition, which will get me to august when I head home to visit the family in the states. I plan to pick up a couple thousand rounds down there and bring them home. That should keep me happy for a while. After all, 5000 rounds is the max limit for import. I figure, play it safe and bring back 4000. MAYBE 4500
 
15 bucks for remington ..I think thats pretty good ..see what you can get 1000 rounds for ? I live in fort mac...and I get cheap Blazer 9mm for 14 bucks a box if you buy 1000 rounds... if I can get better ammo for 13 bucks a box ..I will buy 3000 rounds in a heart beat ...
 
Hah, I may just take you up on that offer. Or at least, shovel your driveway and bring you a 24 and spend an afternoon learning what it takes to reload. At least then I'd come out of it having a much better understanding of whats involved and if it's really for me. For now, I'm sitting on a couple hundred rounds of factory ammunition, which will get me to august when I head home to visit the family in the states. I plan to pick up a couple thousand rounds down there and bring them home. That should keep me happy for a while. After all, 5000 rounds is the max limit for import. I figure, play it safe and bring back 4000. MAYBE 4500

good luck in that.....

as others will tell you, brush up on your knowledge on how to legally bring back ammo from the US
 
Back
Top Bottom