Hard Cast Ammo

Hungsolo

Regular
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Location
Victoria
Hard Cast ammo is not easy to find in Canada. I was just in Bullet Barn website and they make ammo now. If you are looking for bear medicine for your 45/70 or 44 mag, I think this is a great option, if you aren't handloading. Anyone else know some good links for hard cast ammo? Specifically hard cast, heavy grain, flat meplat bear medicine.
 
Buffalo Bore and Garretts make this kind of ammo in the USA, but don't send it to canada, it usually uses the LBT designed cast bullets which are heavy for caliber and wide flat points..
 
Considering the cost of small volume, niche market, premium ammo, buying a basic reloading setup and rolling your own would pay for itself in very short order. I spent close to $1000 in total setting up for reloading and paid it out in a year just on 30-06 and .44 Mag. A basic setup could be done for well under half what I spent and would be more than adequate for low volume reloading of a couple of calibres.


Mark
 
If you look, you see that it is just the bullet. I have searched extensively and the only pre loaded ammo i can fin in hard cast is bullet barn. Garret, car bon, buffalo bore are not available in canada

Yah, I knew that, I didn't realize you were looking for loaded rounds.
 
Make no mistake, savvy reloaders can make ammo that is comparable with the Garretts, Corbon,etc...and prolly at 25% of the cost of those others. One warning however, recoil is usually a factor when you load up the heavy LBT type bullets, and they may actually shoot better then what your seeing on the target, but you're getting bashed around everytime you shoot. Even your hands take a beating from the lever..
 
Back
Top Bottom