I have a 25 Stevens long bolt action that was my grandpas.
I am in the process of working out a plan for loading for it, I am going to cut down 17 Winchester Super Magnum and load blackpowder with a bullet on top using 25 ACP dies.
I want to know, does anyone know if using hard cast bullets in an old rimfire like this will be a good idea or even a safe idea?
I would love to find a 65gr soft lead bullet but I can find 50gr hard cast in Canada designed for 25 ACP.
Any thoughts?
I am in the process of working out a plan for loading for it, I am going to cut down 17 Winchester Super Magnum and load blackpowder with a bullet on top using 25 ACP dies.
I want to know, does anyone know if using hard cast bullets in an old rimfire like this will be a good idea or even a safe idea?
I would love to find a 65gr soft lead bullet but I can find 50gr hard cast in Canada designed for 25 ACP.
Any thoughts?


















































