Has anyone had an appraisal of their antiques

griaguns

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
I want to get my antiques appraised for insurance purposes,has any one had this done and if so who did they use.I have about 25 so I am not shipping them anywhere and I live on Vancouver island if anyone has had it done in this local.
Graham
 
Insurance will want a list of the guns along with info. When I inquired about this for mine back when I had a bunch they wanted the serial numbers and all that so I passed.
 
I suggest you check the rate of insurance per 100. It might be cheaper to hire a security guard at minimum wage. Most insurance companies will price it out of reach as they do not want to insure firearms however if you do take their exorbitant rate.......the commissions are great for the underwriting agent.
 
I had some stolen years ago and had them appraised down at Whipple tree but unfortunately the gunsmith died several years ago. I can't think of anyone who is currently knowledgeable enough plus has a business letterhead that could give a reasonably accurate estimate. You might want to ask your insurance agent/apraiser if they would accept estimates based on the opinions of several members of the Historical Arms Collectors Association. I think it is important to have photographic records of your guns

cheers mooncoon
 
Does your insurance need a certified appraiser? I don't think there are many around. The folks at Haynes Auction in Red Deer are. With good photos and descriptions, maybe they would do it. (at a cost). You could give your ideas of condition, and worth.
 
Back
Top Bottom