Have you seen one like this???

Mean Steak

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Location
Central Alberta
I was surfing pictures on the Internet, looking for neat howdah pistols when I came across this. A guy found it in a market in Kabul supposedly for $250 but passed as he didn't know what it was. It looks like a snider converted to a pistol to me. Has anyone seen one of these? Did they make them for mounted units on horseback? Where can I get one?


SniderPistol.jpg
 
Makes my Walker look like a joke, if it is safe to shoot I would try it...might even pay $250 for something like that but don't start hacking up your rifles folks..I said "might" pay that.
 
I would be tempted to have one, wouldnt want to wreck an original though. I guess you could fit a new barrel too it though as the breeck block area would be considered the " antique part"

Cheers, McLean
 
I think its absolutely wonderfull find a bubba'd snider re-stock shoot with round balls minute of 4x4sheet at 50yrds LOL whats not to like ;)
 
I've been actually trying to find information on these guns for the last few days i just bought one of the stocks in a pistol case on ebay
item# 321084686124 i bought it not knowing if it's a repo or something rare but i thought i would take a chance on it.
 
I've been actually trying to find information on these guns for the last few days i just bought one of the stocks in a pistol case on ebay
item# 321084686124 i bought it not knowing if it's a repo or something rare but i thought i would take a chance on it.

Oh awesome, would have a picture of it? Are you planning a rebuild?

Never mind lol I figured out how to look up ebay items. That certainly looks like the stock for a snider pistol for sure. Very nice find.

If you ever want to sell it, just let me know LOL
 
Last edited:
most likely a khyber pass fake but you never know some brit guns did make it there

a snider or martini pistol would be cool if done right but its pointless if its not in a nice wide cal .577 webely maybe little less recoil then a full blown .577 snider round
 
LOL 70 grains of black powder... Imagine the flame out the end!

Seems to me the Walker colts could run a close 2nd on that. What was their max grainage...60?
 
New antique bear defense gun! I think this should be my next project!


Would have to make myself one huge hoslter for it haha duel rug mabye and have two.

McLean
 
Back
Top Bottom