I was using the 168 grain winchester ballsitic silvertip out of my 06,, sure they shot great.. but performance was absolutely horrible on deer, and im sure would be worse on anything bigger!
Out of 5 deer shot in 2 years,, not one pass-thru,, and the biggest part of the bullet I found in any deer was maybe a 75 grain section of one bullet. They explode on impact and you better be darn sure you hit them in the ribs! Last deer I will ever use those on was 180lb doe hit in the shoulder at 150 yards or so. Had too chase that deer almost 200 yards hitting it 3 times before killing it. These bullets shouldnt even be marketted for hunting as far as im concerned! All other shots on deer were in the ribs and were almost immediate DRT! But it only takes once to turn your stomach!
I got mine at walmart in alberta