Hc collection?

pointandshoot

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Location
richmond, bc
This is not a bash thread, but I was wondering if anyone has ordered anything from them in the last little while? I picked up a little 32rf revolver a while ago and thought about giving their reloadable brass a try. Well after 5 weeks since I placed my order with them and no sign of any brass I sent them an email asking how my order was coming along. Their response was something along the lines of "hello, you have been refunded for your order". What the...I want brass not my money back. So just wondering if anyone else has had this happen with them?
 
I bought there 41 RF Set with exta cases and bullets. They took awhile to get here i remember that.
Also there brass is short in length and thin walled compared to the Dixie gun works 41 rf brass cases.
The Dixie gun works brass woked better in the remington Derringers to.

The H.C Die and reloading tool was very well made tho. So i cant say to much bad about them.
Next time i will just buy the tools from them maby some bullets but the brass from dixie gun works.
Not sure why they would offer a refund and not your brass thats strange unless there machines that make the cases are broken or something.
 
Is it a problem getting those reloadable cases from Dixie? They don't fall under components and subject to the same ITAR restrictions as brass?

If not, that's a good thing - I never looked twice at Dixie's kits, figured they wouldn't make it out of their warehouse.
 
Is it a problem getting those reloadable cases from Dixie? They don't fall under components and subject to the same ITAR restrictions as brass?

If not, that's a good thing - I never looked twice at Dixie's kits, figured they wouldn't make it out of their warehouse.

Im not sure been awhile since i bought anything from them i bought a stock for a sharps and have bought some parts in the past but that was awhile ago.
Not sure if you need a USA address to buy stuff from them now or not.
Thats another + for H.C if Dixie is not shipping up here now.
 
The "HC Collections" is a good alternate to the "32 Colt Method" for those who are are not equipped to properly prepare the brass, and for those guns where the 27 Cal Hilti (which is centred) does not sit quite close enough to the rim. The 32 Colt Method is in my opinion superior to the HC in every other way. In my gun (a rifle) I don't have to be concerned with indexing, the brass is much more malleable (easily sized), and I am not hostage to a French firm when I run low, and it's much less expensive. The 27 Cal Hiltis can be bought at Home Depot and are more expensive than 22 Cal Acorns, but are more powerful and come in various strengths. In my gun, I don't use any powder - it's as simple as a round ball I cast myself, sized to 0.312" seated flattened sides in the case.

There's a good thread here that describes the process, as well as the pros and cons of the HC (and Dixie Gun Works) vs. the 32 Short Colt Methods:

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php?545754-Dixie-Arms-32-RF-adapters-opinions

The pics I had posted are no longer there as my ISP went belly-up and I haveyet to find another, but the description should be enough.
 
Back
Top Bottom