Heffley Creek 2016

mooncoon

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Location
Vancouver Island
I am posting some photos of this year's rendezvous at Heffley Creek, near Kamloops BC. People attending from all over BC as well as Alberta, Saskatchewan, Washington and Idaho. Weather was nice and gradually changed from summer to fall over the 10 days that I was there. It provides a chance to bs with old friends as well as lots of shooting in many disciplines. There were 120 camps this year with I think 41 in primitive. The plank shoot was muzzle loaders at 50 yards and I think one foot had to touch the ground; that resulted in many variations of posture. The photo of a line of people strung out along some mock buildings is from the handgun shoot which took place in cowboy town.

cheers mooncoon





















 
Thanks, Doug....man I looked awkward in that plank shoot! Great to see you again this year.

Good to see you and Mr One Shot again and wish we had had more time to talk. Always seems to be lots to keep me busy every year. Hard to imagine that I have been going for 27 years

cheers mooncoon
 
Thank you. I really enjoy the plank shoot...

I enjoy the plank shoot because I more or less don't have to worry about my wobbling around when shooting offhand. What puzzled me about my groups were the horizontal dispersal of the shots. The vertical component was not spectacular but horizontally the holes spanned the whole sheet of paper. The only thing that I can think of is that glare on the rear sight may have fuzzed the square notch and caused me to have a false sense of where the center of the notch was. Off the bench and shaded overhead at home my groups tend to disperse equally both vertically and laterally

cheers mooncoon
 
Back
Top Bottom