Heffly Creek Rendezvous 2013

mooncoon

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Location
Vancouver Island
I thought I would post some photos from the Heffly Creek Rendezvous that I returned from on Sunday. I think everyone there had a good time. Weather was hot the first day then turned comfortably cool with a couple of evenings of light rain and 2 or 3 days of drizzle / light rain. By the final Saturday, it was back sunny again and tents all dried out. By weeks end, 142 camps had registered of which about 35 or so were primitive camps. I am guessing that represents about 250 to 300 people altogether. The photo of primitive was taken early in the week before everyone had arrived. A rifle trail runs across the range and around 100 or more people participated in most of the shoots. This year there was also a cartridge rifle trail with some targets offhand and some shot from standing cross sticks at targets from roughly 200 yards out to about 400 yards. I think the prettiest trail is the smoothbore trail that runs up the ridge separating primitive from the rifle range and shooters shoot down at targets along the edge of the rifle range. This year was a bit challenging with a light drizzle and only one fall of the hammer allowed for score. I finished up cooking a pot roast supper for some of the neighbors on the last (saturday) night before most of us headed home.

cheers mooncoon















 
Regardless of the rain and wasps it was the highlight of my rendezvous year again and can't wait to return in 2014. The trip was worth it just for the new showers! Mooncoon even bought some of my stuff at the trade fest. Gotta luv the squirrel gun event too.
 
Last edited:
There's no doubt that regardless of the event that Heffley Creek is a worthy destination. I've been up for two of the clubs Palmer's Gulch cowboy events now and I'm looking forward to the next one. I'm also hoping to get more involved with my flinter now that my basement shop renos are nearing completion. So seeing the pictures just makes me aware that I need to get going on my costuming.

Uh... please tell me that they did have RV's back in the 1830's.... :D
 
I keep wanting to go to Heffley, been hearing it's a "go-to" for years (I recall it as a topic maybe even 20 years ago).

I end up in Kamloops a lot for work as well, so if I can get creative enough I could get my trip down & up covered.

Thanks for the photos & the update.


...is it very "kid friendly"? Many are, some can bore them too much.
 
It was a great time, cant wait for next year!#

Here are some of the pictures I took.#


AF8505BA-D2EF-45AC-8CFA-57F85DBF1C19-633-00000129BA7EF778_zps90cf8f9d.jpg


E8ABFBB2-36DB-426D-B0B4-02633DCDDB7D-633-00000129ACDE43EC_zps30e39b73.jpg


77C46C4A-5A0C-4758-8C33-2E2235626769-633-00000129CDF31AA0_zpsed7aefdd.jpg


FE498768-20B2-48E7-92CC-376A2EFA4FE9-633-00000129D6524C30_zps67f61ccc.jpg


AF8505BA-D2EF-45AC-8CFA-57F85DBF1C19-633-00000129BA7EF778_zps90cf8f9d.jpg


Marching out to fire a volley for closing ceremonies!#

4B77ADF1-3C4A-4D85-80D5-4C8FB7CD1655-633-00000129FEC24130_zps51e16ac4.jpg


06F19AA5-2CA1-48F1-937B-FC243D009AFB-633-00000129DFEC30C3_zps24bfe2e4.jpg


FORM LINE!#

E48FA440-E74B-4FB4-B1C5-931CA28FFA35-633-00000129E9491247_zps96f8af25.jpg


FIRE!#

1D28D054-F135-4BE6-8431-B6FD0E6FF9C1-633-00000129F31A5CD7_zps96c88347.jpg
 
Uh... please tell me that they did have RV's back in the 1830's.... :D

To answer two questions; There is a separate tin town for camps that do not conform to "primitive" and about 3/4 of the camps are in tin town probably because it is a lot less work to set up and take down. Perhaps worth mentioning; since I don't use refrigeration in primitive, I can a lot of my food before going to Heffley. Not tin cans but bottles with chili, spaghetti and canned (cooked) hamburger (for making curry). Along with corn beef hash, allows me to have hot cooked suppers every night

In answer to the second question, I think I would consider the rendezvous to be very kid friendly and there are usually (at a guess) around 30 kids at the shoot

cheers mooncoon
 
Was a great time had by all!! There's a ton of kids running around including mine! Lots of fun for everyone! next years the big anniversary let's get as many people as we can!!
 
Thanks for your reply mooncoon. I'm going to put in an extra effort to get up there for 2014.

I just shot my flinter in the local club's monthly black powder shoot. It's been FAR too long and I had far too much fun. But such is the curse of too many hobbys.
 
Back
Top Bottom