Yeah, I understand that part.
A lot of the replies were in line with the rarity and historical value of the thing, I do agree. Sorry if I p*ssed anybody off.
Right now, in the province of Manitoba, there are exactly THREE 1934 Ford cars.... and they actually BUILT about 6 different models. They are all "private property".
One has been hot-rodded completely.
One has an aluminum-block V-6 in it, a velour interior and suspension from a 1980s car.
There is exactly ONE left in anything like the way they were built... and there are three people trying to buy it from me. Sorry to them, too, but it ain't for sale.
NOR is my dirty old .303 army rifle, the 1907 with the tapered bore...
Nor a bunch of other things.
Private property is private property, but there also has to be a little bit of respect, a little bit of reverence for the times that gave us those things.
Or else I'm just gonna weld a whole buncha M1913 Picatinny rails all over this 1858 Remington.
Why not?
Heck, it's 'private property', isn't it????????
Like the 1912 Ross Military Match .280. There were 12 built, 2 survived in really nice shape, ONE unfired. It went to a Canadian museum..... then was sold to the USA because Canadians don't need guns and don't need to know about them.
I'll shut up.