Help evaluating an 1860 Enfield

jimmyjazz

CGN frequent flyer
Uber Super GunNutz
Rating - 100%
779   0   0
Location
PEC
Looking for some advice as I know nothing of these old guns and have a friend trying to trade me for something of mine.
I would only trade to sell this as I have no use but this is what i've got, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

1860 Enfield, great shape, bore is perfect with no pitting, wood is excellent, over all I would rate this as 9.5 out of 10

1860_zpsc0b0c885.jpg


openbreech_zps59f6e385.jpg


Breech_zps1b626e8b.jpg


lockplate_zpsf504cfe8.jpg


Breechproofs_zps59f0c17c.jpg


BarrelProofs_zps871ed4bb.jpg


Cartoucheleftside_zps1d5794ed.jpg


cartoucherightside_zps2c11587e.jpg



Bayonet proofs

BayonetStamp_zps955f2c80.jpg
 
It has from what I see the correct markings on the lock, the stock, and the rounded ears on the lock plate washers on the LH side. Collectable Firearms and Edged Weapons in Virginia have one w/o the bayonet for $875. With the bore as you say it is and the bayonet, here in Canada $700-800 would be about right. Maybe a bit more in the U.S. except re-enactors look for non-converted Enfields. A very nice piece of history. BTW, the V.R under the crown meant it was for the British military and not for export.
 
I thought so but wasn't sure of the DC.
It's been in his family since new, belonged to his great great grandfather but he has no use need for it now and wants to trade for something more practical.

JJ
 
Back
Top Bottom