Help identify a shotgun.

artom.h

New member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Location
Ottawa, ON
Hi all.
I have a curious single-shot shotgun in my posession, but i don't know anything about it. It looks pretty old. I think it's 20ga.
Would love is someone tells me more about it.
Someone told me it's a russian Baikal, but i couldn't find any info to support that.
Here are the pics:
Shotgun1.JPG

Shotgun2.JPG

Shotgun3.JPG

Shotgun4.JPG
 
The critical info is the proof marks and perhaps other information probably stamped on the bottom of the barrel and perhaps the matching surface of the frame. That is the bottom of the breach end of the barrel

cheers mooncoon
 
Germanic? Perhaps.
I took it apart and i couldn't find any markings whatsoever.
Other then the short number on the side (serial#??) and letters SUP on the bottom of the palm grip on the stock.
Nothing on the barrel under the forestock, or on the receiver anywhere.
There is no logo on the brass button. It's just worn out by use.
It's a mystery. But it doesn't look homemade. The fit of everything is too well.
Here are some more pics:
Shotgun5.JPG

Shotgun6.JPG

Shotgun7.JPG
 
The cheek piece makes me think german or at least northern europe. At the same time I am guessing the gun to be post 1900 and so Germany should have a proof mark by then. England and Belgium and France all had proof marks by the cartridge era and about the only major country for no proof marks is the US. The initials stamped in the stock I think may be a former owner's name

cheers mooncoon
 
Back
Top Bottom