Help identify mirage shells

popper

Regular
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Location
Lower Mainland
I went to Italian the other day and bought a box each of all the buckshot they had in stock to pattern my shotguns and see what works best.
Between the usual Federal and Remington stuff they gave me there was a strange box of Italian mirage shells (box of 10, Clever sri Verona Italia) which says Magnum 76, cal.12, "50 grammi" high energy, 12-3" x 1 3/4 OZ and 2/0.
I was sure it is not a buckshot but decided to get it anyway (it was like $11 per box).
Does anybody know what kind of shot is inside or I should cut one shell to check...:confused:
 
2/0 I think means 2 oot buck shot. Don't cut it just shoot it into cardboard and count the holes. Or measure one hole.
I would think if you asked for buckshot they would give you buckshot!!
 
Italian 2/0 shot size should be equal to American #1 shot (not buckshot).

Pellet diameter is 0.160" with approx. 72 pellets per oz.
 
Back
Top Bottom