Help Identify?

I had one in .22 back in 1948-49 when I was 5 or 6 years old... replaced by a BSA single shot bolt action shortly after.
 
That is the right answer, that is a solid frame, not a tip up model.
they where made in 22,25, and 32 rimfire.
I also had a 22 smooth bore when I was collection Stevens stuff, sold it , I keep doing stupid stuff like that, It was a special order gun.
Perfect for mouse hunting on the farm.
It is a Stevens Favorite, swinging block rifle, Model 1896.
 
Stevens Favorite model of 1894. Looks to me as if it is missing the breech block screw.

Yes, 94, not 96. Does look as if the breech block pivot screw is missing.
Note the curvature on the top of the breech block. The 1915 version does not have this. 94 has a flat mainspring, 1915 has a coil spring.
 
Back
Top Bottom