help identifying antique action jpc NAILED IT

ceb

CGN Regular
Rating - 98.8%
81   1   0
Hi Can anyone say for sure what this was before it was a shotgun? There are no visible markings on the lock or breech. Thanks in advance.
IMG_5840_zpsdygmadsg.jpg

IMG_5839_zpsxqpyql45.jpg

IMG_5838_zpsryz7nvux.jpg

IMG_5842_zpsyzllddwd.jpg
 
Last edited:
I saw the "Liege" proof mark. Only speculating here, but it might be one of the many Belgian made trade rifles they used to make and ship by the thousands to Africa and other colonial territories. It's better looking than some of the ones I've seen. For sure someone more knowledgeable than I will be chiming in soon.
 
Thanks the breech assembly bears some close resemblance to the ZULU, had some good old pics of a ZULU on file. I had thought ZULU but then thought no becasue I recalled a spring on the ZULU, it's just missing on this one. The right side of the lock however is very different from the ZULU specimen. This one does not seem to have any provision for the breech to latch! Shows to go ya things weren't cookie cutter in those days. I thought maybe the iron on left side and cheekpiece was tell tale but I guess not necessarily. Still got a tough mainspring!
 
Last edited:
well too nasty to ship so it just bumped a non-firing rolling block replica off my mantle so maybe there will be a non-firing rolling block replica in a proper EE forum
 
Back
Top Bottom