I bought the cheap traditions 209 rifle with some tripple seven 50/50 powder pellets and .250gr shockwave sabots. I always wanted to try ML so I figured it was a good way in the door. The thing was horrible, couldn't group within a target let alone group. I watched a video that went through all the basics of muzzleloading and had other people shoot the rifle still nothing. Not to mention it was the worst when it came time to clean it (bolt and tools not field friendly at all). I sold that rifle and vowed to never own another muzzle loader again.
Well I use a spot and stock style hunting with my rifles and I figure having a muzzle loader would increase my odds of finding that big guy and also give me a good reason to get out scouting. I chalked it up to poor rifle and components or perhaps I was crushing pellets. I handled a TC omega rifle and it almost came home with me yesterday.
So are they that troublesome to get to shoot? Or was it me/cheap rifle that was the problem? Too many people use them with great successs for my expierience to be the norm. Do I give it another chance?
The above rifle was scoped and the rings/base were solid and the scope now sits on a heavy recoiling rifle and hold zero so that was fine. when I was trying to get a zero I would shoot patch shoot patch shoot patch and clean.
Twist my arm fellas
Also The guy at the gun store led me to believe the omega was the best I could go with. I don't wan't to spend Big money on a Pro Hunter or Encore. I held the Triumph and it felt cheap and poorly balanced for me.
Is there a good source with good prices for the omega. The store only had synthetic and I wouldn't mind a laminate one.
Thanks.
Well I use a spot and stock style hunting with my rifles and I figure having a muzzle loader would increase my odds of finding that big guy and also give me a good reason to get out scouting. I chalked it up to poor rifle and components or perhaps I was crushing pellets. I handled a TC omega rifle and it almost came home with me yesterday.
So are they that troublesome to get to shoot? Or was it me/cheap rifle that was the problem? Too many people use them with great successs for my expierience to be the norm. Do I give it another chance?
The above rifle was scoped and the rings/base were solid and the scope now sits on a heavy recoiling rifle and hold zero so that was fine. when I was trying to get a zero I would shoot patch shoot patch shoot patch and clean.
Twist my arm fellas
Is there a good source with good prices for the omega. The store only had synthetic and I wouldn't mind a laminate one.
Thanks.


















































