Help me identify this antique flintlock pistol. (image heavy)

John Deer

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
73   0   1
Location
GTA
Hey guys,

Recently came into contact with an OLD one. Much older than I am used to dealing with

Please help me out with identifying it

All I could find out so far is maybe Birmingham proof house?














 
Last edited:
I can’t quite make out what it says on the lock. What’s it say? I’ll see what info I have if you can at least say what the lock says.
 
It’s made by Evans yes. However I showed it to Frank House. It’s classic British and made between 1790 and 1810.
 
Frank House lives in Woodbury Kentucky. He and his brother Hershel, are the foremost builders of contemporary flintlock arms in North America, and I happen to know Frank. my mentor and teacher in gunmaking, from Back home, was good friends with Hershel. I showed it to Frank, He didn’t look at the proofs he looked at the style and school of work. It’s very typical of English pistols of the era 1790-1810. however that that date isn’t 100% set in stone, the style was made a little later as well till into the 18teens in some cases depending on the smith. But not earlier then 1790, which is when that style of lock making came into fashion. Those boys are knowledgeable, they spent all their lives studying arms.

Tula
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom