Help me identify this revolver please

Skinny 1950s right not a 1849 i have a similar one with the rebated cylinder in 38 rimfire i was told colt made these things up with leftover parts it's the same size as a 1849 colt shown below it.





 
Thanks for your reply.... That would be it. I can see it being made from leftover parts - for instance the lower of the barrel block was never drilled to accept the pin for the plunger apparatus. So it was never actually a conversion in the true sense, in that it was never started life as a cap and ball. Call this an 1862 Pocket Navy cartidge w/rebated cylinder in 38 rf... or am I still off ?
 
Last edited:
To be honest with you I've never been 100% sure what my gun is i bought it on gunbroker thinking it was a 1862 colt when it arrived it
didn't look quite right so i contacted the seller to ask him if he knew more about it and he told me that it was a colt made from leftover parts
 
Back
Top Bottom