HELP NEEDED - Unknown Flintlock

maple leaf

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Location
SW Ontario
Ok a buddy showed me his flintlock today and is trying to find out more about it and what it may be worth. He says it belonged to his Grandpa and he has shot it. However, I'm not quite sure and think it may be a reproduction. It has no makers marks and is smoothbore. The flash pan does have a hole in it to the barrel. However, where the ramrod should be it has a decorative "ramrod" that is not removable. Any help with this would be appreciated:

okvod3.jpg

33dzal5.jpg

2ztdh03.jpg

2hzce9.jpg
 
I am going to say that it is Turkish or from somewhere not far away from Turkey. I have 2 of them; I bought the first one for inspiration in making a stock and thought initially that it was a tourist gun made in India from old parts. A close look at the wood shows that it is a very old stock and since then I have seen several advertised in various locations as turkish guns

My guess is that it is worth somewhere in the $250 to $300 range

cheers mooncoon
 
Back
Top Bottom