Help on identification and value

sniper375

New member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Need help to identified this old gun. There is no sign, no mark and no inscription at all. Try to know the brand and value. Thank a lot.

mousquet15.jpg


mousquet12.jpg


mousquet4.jpg


mousquet1.jpg


mousquet6.jpg


mousquet10.jpg
 
Im gonna stab in the dark and say its belgian, 1860's and between $150- $200

Im sure mooncoon will be along shortly to chime in :D

Cheers, McLean
 
To me it looks like a belgian fowler and I will put the date from roughly 1840 - 1860 ish. I am basing my opinion on the carving on the wrist area which I have only ever seen on belgian guns. If you look on the bottom of the barrel, I am guessing you will find an oval cartouche with ELG* and probably a perron (looks like a miniature Eiffel tower). It is looking fairly tired and I would put the price around $100 - $150

cheers mooncoon
 
Back
Top Bottom