Help - Webley Moon clips

I really hope you aren't planning on screwing up a perfectly good antique by shaving the cylinder.

Only Bubba does that.
 
No I am not planning to shave the cylinder - bad Karma on that. I actually have spare Belgian clone cylinder that is a touch to short for a pretty rough WG Army (and way to long for a Mark xx - I thought it might work with moon clips without to much modification in the WG.
 
THanks,
I will be taking it slow and easy (and have a working plan before I dive into the spare cylinder (it will need work at the front end for the cylinder retainer, and the back for the star ejector). I suspect the brass protrusion is going to be dependant on extractor groove geometry on the brass as well as thickness of the moon clip Perhaps I am overthinking this - but I like to overthink things a bit Before removing metal on a lathe!
 
My pleasure! Like it when folks have the gumption to play around a bit.
We can't all be Hamilton Bowen, but it is fun to try! Best of luck...
R
 
Have you considered handloading for the critter with .45 Auto Rim brass?

The really thick rim makes up for the .45 AC rim PLUS the half-moon clip.

Stuff loads with regular .45ACP dies, too, and you can get it to accept that nice Webley 265 slug that friend JETHUNTER makes.

The .455 actually scores ABOVE the .45CP on the Hatcher Scale with this bullet. Bonus all around!

Good luck.
 
Back
Top Bottom