Help with 43 mauser load data

clift83

Member
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
Hello everyone I finally have everything I need to finally shoot my 71/84 but I am having a hard time finding load data for smokeless powder. There is a good amount of data out there for 370gr and up bullets but almost nothing for 340gr except a video I saw were the guy used sr4759 but even ellwood epps doesn't have it. The powders that I have are imr 3030 4895 and 4350 so any info with these powders would be helpful. Thanks

Kevin
 
I did a bit more research and on the load data that came with the lee 43 mauser die set, it says for a 380gr bullet to use imr4198 at a starting load of 27.9 and in the lyman cast bullet handbook it gives data for a 330gr bullet for the 45/70 at a starting load of 34gr. Do you think say 31gr would be a good estimate for the 340gr bullet
 
I did a bit more research and on the load data that came with the lee 43 mauser die set, it says for a 380gr bullet to use imr4198 at a starting load of 27.9 and in the lyman cast bullet handbook it gives data for a 330gr bullet for the 45/70 at a starting load of 34gr. Do you think say 31gr would be a good estimate for the 340gr bullet

I would say "see above". You can safely use loads for a 385 gr bullet for a 330 gr. That's about it.
 
Back
Top Bottom