Help with old black powder gun

tomL

Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Location
coquitlam, bc
I was given this gun by an uncle and know nothing about it. Any help would be great.

20181018_191709-01-2.jpg


image2-01-2.jpg


image3-01-02-2.jpg


Tom
 
Yes, the lock is a percussion conversion.
Can't tell if the gun is full stocked or half stocked.
Some more photos would help.
 
That’s full stocked, I can see the ramrod pipes, and a William Smith&Son mark on the lock which matches the barrel, has trade gun lines to it. Clearer pics would be great.
 
Thank you guys.

Will need to find a better camera.

Tom

It is much less a case of a better camera than it is a case of framing your shots to illustrate the critical features. I would suggest the photo of the lock should be from a bit farther back and include the trigger guard as well as a bit of the wrist and the complete lock and molding around it. Also a shot of the opposite side of the gun (directly across from the lock to show the lock screws and lock plate or escutcheons) Exposure is fine in your shots but in a general sense, I find it beneficial to have a non reflective medium dark background. I usually use a piece of red velvet as a background. Many times it pays to take the photograph outside to get a better exposure as well as choose which angle to photograph from in order to avoid glare as well as bright spots from a flash (if indoors)

cheers mooncoon
 
Back
Top Bottom