Help with Robin Hood no3 32rf pistol

Rdcollector

Member
Rating - 95.1%
39   2   0
Location
Sask
I have a Robin Hood number 3 32 rimfire revolver I am trying to fix. The cylinder bolt or lock is totally missing. Would anyone know where I could find a picture of that part? I’m more than capable of making it but it appears to be a very different system than other revolvers I’ve made some for. I really appreciate any help!
 
OK is this similar to yours?
d7eNJvb.jpg

ibLCHie.jpg


If it is then I can get you better pictures and some measurements, PM me if you want and we can figure it out.
 
I know this is an old thread but I have a very similar problem. I have a robin hood #2 that I took apart to clean. Now I cant get the locking lever to work properly . Is there any place with installation instructions. Everything else works great but the lock up bar binds up after half ####.
20200621-094435.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
 
Runrun, from the photo it looks like you're missing a pin under the cylinder? If so, that could be to retain a flat spring OR the bolt itself which is maybe sitting in the wrong spot, causing the locking bolt to bind.

Only a blind guess but normally those pins would be sitting flush on both sides, so worth taking a close look at.
 
Oops I forgot to mention I took the pin out to remove the locking bar that is below the gun in the picture
 
Oops I forgot to mention I took the pin out to remove the locking bar that is below the gun in the picture

Ahh gotcha. These bifocals aren't doing their job I totally missed that.

I can have a look at mine after work, but I'm guessing something has slipped out of alignment.

If you remove the cylinder:

1) does it still bind; and
2) can you see the hand operating? Is it operating correctly (getting full range of motion?)
 
Everything works perfectly until I add in the locking bar. Sometimes if I put it in place and hold it with my finger it works for a few cycles of the hammer but will then seem to slip out of place. Maybe there is a spring missing that I'm not aware of.
 
I know this is an old thread but I have a very similar problem. I have a robin hood #2 that I took apart to clean. Now I cant get the locking lever to work properly . Is there any place with installation instructions. Everything else works great but the lock up bar binds up after half ####.
20200621-094435.jpg
[/url][/IMG]


For the part in question use a sharpie or marker to color the entire surface. Once the ink has dried try to gently fit the part then function test and hopefully the disturbed areas will tell you where the interference is.
 
Could be the part somehow got buggered up when it was removed, these are ancient after all. Maybe make a trace and take some measurements just in case you have to make one from scratch.
 
Back
Top Bottom