Help with Valuation

yardie

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Location
53º / 113º
Well...I'm thinking I'm going to take Scianna54's advice and sell these two S&W Model 3 .44 Russians.

Could the Antique SMEs here provide a ballpark as to what they are potentially worth?

Cheers!

First One:

http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z197/o2thief/Smith%20and%20Wesson%20M3%2044%20R%201/

Second One:

http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z197/o2thief/Smith%20and%20Wesson%20M3%2044%20R%202/
 
I wouldnt sell them. get them tuned up and restored them or keep them as is but get them functional, them S&Ws are going way up in price eh! they sell for $1500 and up in the USA never mind here.
Guys that ##### about the prices on CGN for S&Ws should do some shopping in the USA. sure you see the odd cheep one but most are up there at the end of auctions if there any good i seen two recently very nice ones went up around $3000 each.
the decent shooter ones get up over $2000 in the USA now most of the time.
used to be you could get one cheeper but the Euro Bidders have driven the prices way up in the USA on anything 44 russian.
They are only gona go up in value faster than webleys.

Dont be to fast relineing the bores either i seen S&W 44 Russian bores looked like sewer pipes but they shot great so try them frist!
I know a guy had one relined with a shiney expensive new bore it shot way worse than it did with the old pitted orignal S&W Bore.
 
I have one (picture above in the picture thread) and the bore is mint, I also have SA Russian and the bore of that one is even better than both of yours, so I understand your plan.

I don't share Dingus view on pricing, you get what people are willing to pay. The market is a bit soft right now and I think that you would possibly get better prices in the US than on CGN.

There was one on CGN last week, pics are still up, he was willing to let the gun alone go for $1,200:

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=613440

Compare it to yours and decide.


But also keep in mind that you may up paying in excess of $3,000 for a nice one.
 
Well if the market is Soft right now as you say then telling him to sell them is not such a great idea is it. :p
Selling in the USA is not practical for everyone.
restore em back to shooters and enjoy them.
As far as the market being soft i have not seen that .

Theses S&W are getting harder to find is my main point if he has two better to fix em and enjoy them.
how many MKIs and MKIIs webleys you seen in the EE as of late?
hardly any cause everyone is hanging onto them.
Same with the S&Ws
my advise is to keep em and get them fixed up they dont need mint bores to shoot good either. ;)
 
Back
Top Bottom