Help with value on some old shotgun shells.

mrclean89

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Location
Nanaimo, BC
So I recently came across a bunch of old ammo and am looking to see if its worth anything.

I have 4 full boxes of C-I-L Canuck .12 gauge. They are all 3 drams 1oz no. 6 shot

I also have 6 boxes of Imperial Special long range .410 (4 are full and 2 are mostly full)

All 2 1/2" shells and waterproofed paper

3 boxes of 1/2 oz 5 shot max drams
1 box of 1/2 oz 6 shot max drams
1 box of 1/2 oz 7 1/2 shot max drams
1 box of 1/2 oz 4 shot max drams

EEABCC15-0078-4A92-B0D6-5A5024F512FA-19776-0000157FC5CDF014.jpg


These things worth anything ?
 
We used to have an excess of C-I-L and Imperial ammo, as well as Dominion, in .22, .30-06 & .303...oh yeah .410 and 12 gauge as well. I remember burning a lot of that up as a kid. Still have a bunch here in different chamberings.

It didn't used to be uncommon up until maybe 20 years ago or so (at least around my neck of the woods), sorry I don't have a firm idea on price but I can't imagine it's valuable "yet". Collectability though I could certainly see in the future as both (IIRC) are Canadian manufactured. I'm not shooting what I have left and preserving the boxes.


Edit: I'd suggest leaving the price tags on as well - gives some provenience for any collectors in the future.
 
Thanks for the reply, i was srt of thinking the same thing. Not wuite old enough to be "valuable" yet.

I have a few other boxes of dominion and imperial stuff in other calibers. Dont really need this haha I would like to keep it but im trying to raise funds for a new flintlock kit from sitting fox. If it was worth 150 or more I would be tempted but ofher than that I would probably just save it for when im an old timer haha!

Cheers, McLean
 
Im going to build the fusil fin with the brass lockplate and really fancy engraved brass parts.

Ill be getting one with a .58 caliber rifled barrel instead of smoothbore. Its an incredible looking kit. Will be my first flintlock build too. After that think a baker rifle and then a nock volley gun haha for hunting ducks ofcourse :p

Did you buy a kit or just parts ?

Cheers, McLean
 
Yeah they have some really nice stuff on sitting fox and you can even have them make you a parts kit of pretty much anything you can think of.

I was thinking about building a smaller lighter ladies rifle for my girlfriend in the future. She is a smaller frame and has nerve damage in her left arm so its hard for her to hold a full size rifle up for long. Need to build one with a tapered swamped barrel and a super light stock.

Cheers, McLean
 
No kidding thanks for the tip that's great to know.

I am scaling my daughter's down as much as is practical, which is very tricky and still maintain proportions...hopefully it will turn out all right. She also is afraid of the sparks from flintlocks and yes eventually she'll come around but for now I am bastardizing the Lancaster pattern and replaced it with a small percussion - reading up on the early conversions so I'll do my best to make it look like a conversion...
 
The other thing you could do is get a converter for a flintlock. I saw them online and basically it replaces the frizzen with a dome and a nipple in it and the top of the #### with a blunt hammer end.

Apparenttly they work pretty good too.

Cheers, McLean
 
I have 5 boxes of the same ammo in 12g and a box of gevlot long range slugs with a special carrying box that straps to your belt. My wife's grandfather gave them to me one night and said he had too much junk! I love them and will keep the ammo forever.
 
Back
Top Bottom