Henry Martini parts

bogie

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
495   0   3
Location
Vancouver
I have a mkII Henry Martini that has been converted to 22lr rimfire and the stock has been "sporterized". I would like to retrurn it to original. Anyone know of a parts source for the old girl?
 
Parts for the Martini Henry are scarce but those for the Mk.1 and Mk.2 are most difficult to find. Somewhere I have the name of a company in Australia that makes new forestocks for your rifle. PM me to remind me to send it to you. I got one from them and after some fitting it looks great. Dave
 
I think that it would be cheaper in the long run to by a compete Martini and forget about a rebuild. Original parts are very expensive if you can find them. A fully restored parts gun will never be worth much. A good well marked original should go up or at least hold its' value.
 
This one is a conversion already but at least by a recognized group. Seems they did a bunch. The fellow I got it from did not pass that info along-I figured I was getting a Cadet. I found out about the conversion when I completed the transfer-CFO mentioned it. Any idea what I would pay for a shooter?
 
You can take a look at International Military Antiques htt p://ima-usa.com

They have parts and whole guns. They sell them as antiques, not shooters though, so you might not get a shootable gun, although from what I've seen the results have been good thus far.

Who did the conversion? Some of the conversions have more value than the original martinis.

J
 
It is a Mark I overstamped to a Mk II according to the Martini site. Conversion was done by "CG Bonehill of Birmingham for the Society of Miniature Rifle Clubs".
This is printed in white ink on the RH side of the receiver.
 
You can get original martinis in 577/450 anywhere from 350 to 800 and + in shootable condition.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom