Hey, I recently got myself an iron frame Henry rifle, which I am really impressed with. I have an Uberti double shotgun which while serviceable, is no great work of the gunmaker's art. The Henry is something else entirely, the workmanship is just amazing for a repro, both form and function are perfect.
Anyhow, I had it out yesterday with some black powder loads, 35gr fffg under a 200 gr lead bullet and it shot about 8 inches high at fifty yards with the rear sight at its lowest position.
There doesn't seem to be enough meat on the rear to do enough filing to get things settled, and while I figure the mid-range should be high at fifty, it's too high for my liking.
Any ideas?
Any experience with raising the front sight?
Thanks.
Anyhow, I had it out yesterday with some black powder loads, 35gr fffg under a 200 gr lead bullet and it shot about 8 inches high at fifty yards with the rear sight at its lowest position.
There doesn't seem to be enough meat on the rear to do enough filing to get things settled, and while I figure the mid-range should be high at fifty, it's too high for my liking.
Any ideas?
Any experience with raising the front sight?
Thanks.


















































