Hepburn project

rwnblack

Regular
Uber Super GunNutz
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Location
Saskatoon
I purchased a Hepburn castings kit from a fellow gunnutter and just got started on the project. So far I have milled the trigger guard to the exact width needed and screwed it into the action. It was a very tight fit, but so far everything lines up. I also started shaping the outside of the action but didn't take a picture after that process. I am planning on barreling it with a green mountain barrel in 40-65 and will be turning the barrel to half octagon and finishing it to 30" in a #3 weight. I am looking forward to finding time over the next year to build this baby. Next is fitting the trigger but need to order a #22 reamer before I can proceed.
b89188bc6ceb7f1691238b9cc7b9fe04.jpg

03e3336a258523e31debb7a6cd271854.jpg


Photo%2012-21-2013%2C%2011%2006%2018%20PM.jpg

96oV2WSxDp

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m3l2y6rymbp7xou/Photo 12-21-2013, 11 06 18 PM.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ybld2lkqy3ahyad/Photo 12-22-2013, 12 03 28 AM.jpg
 
Last edited:
I would agree. I hummed and hawed on this for a while but finally bought it. I have a few projects on the go but just finished 3 so celebrated by starting another. This project will be a pretty big undertaking but it will be lots of fun. I have a nice piece of walnut waiting for a home and just picked up the barrel from a friend so it will hopefully be a nice piece when I get time to finish it.

Rex
 
Good question. I was thinking I might buy a precarve from CPA to save time but with the dollar falling I am thinking I will use the wood I have on hand. I just picked up the chucking reamers I need for the next step so hope I can work on this on Saturday.

Rex
 
Meh. Ya only live once, and the ten bucks you will supposedly save due to the falling dollar will hardly buy breakfast these days.

Buy the stock! :D

Cheers
Trev
 
Back
Top Bottom