Hey Check this out!!

max-power

BANNED
Member
BANNED
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Location
toronto
I noticed this as my friend was shooting my 1892, it was the last round in the cylinder (luckily). What my friend lacks in intelligence and observance, he makes up for in luck. When I went to pull this one out of the barrel I discovered that there was ANOTHER round stuck about and inch and a half behind that one. Checked the barrel and there are no bulges, there were powder burns on the spent casings so I am assuming that the gas escaped from the rear of the cylinder and my friend escaped unscathed. This was with the Fiocchi commercial 8mm ammo BTW

 
That is interesting.
Thats good that there is no obvious bulge.
Did you check the bore carefully for small changes in the reflection of light shining down it? If there was something it may be like a faint ring.

Wasn't there another thread about this same problem with Fiiocci ammo?
 
The downside of jacketed bullets, and loads light enough to be lawyer-proof in factory ammo.

Maybe a conversation or two about observational skills development is in order too. :)

Luck favors the prepared, but it often looks out for the rest too!

Cheers
Trev
 
I already made a thread on this and contacted fiocchi a few months back.... man this is happening way too much. They never responded to me.

I'm so glad no one has been injured yet.

Here was mine:



Another cgn member had it happen as well...
 
Back
Top Bottom