High velocity 22LR options

natesfitness

Regular
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Location
Petawawa
I've used CCI Mini Mags (my favorite) and Remington Yellow Jackets which were also pretty good. What other high velocity 22LR is out there that people have had good results with? Looking for stuff to feed my semi auto pistol.
 
.22's, rifles or pistols, are daft things. No two, even two identical firearms, will shoot the same ammo, the same way. Some of 'em are more particular than others too. Smith Model 41's are notorious for it. Great pistols, but very picky about the ammo.
You have to try a box of as many brands as you can to find the ammo your pistol both shoots well and cycles the action. The price of said ammo means nothing either.
You should try target velocity ammo. HV .22's are for hunting. They won't bother your pistol though.
 
I've gone to Winchester Xpert HV and Winchester Wildcat for best price. Work well in both my semis and cleaner than Remington. I lube the bullets with Lee's Liquid Alox. Supposed to help with accuracy but at least keeps the barrels from fouling.
 
One of the best and cheapest I ever used was Sellier & Bellot. Dirty as hell unless you wiped the excess grease/wax off, but once you did the stuff worked great. My Medallist loved them! It has been years since I saw any bricks in circulation so it must no longer be brought in.
 
Back
Top Bottom