highest known serial for an antique C96 with a RCMP letter

KotKotofeich

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Location
Ottawa Valley
I know this is a topic that many would be uncomfortable revealing full information on... but just in case people are willing to at least share partial serials?

I am aware Mauser was doing weird things with the early serial numbers and that some contracted serial blocks were restarted at 0 (namely the Turkish contract which should all be antique as it was filled in 1897)

With all that said, most antiques in Canada would be various early commercial cone hammers. I'm looking for where the cutoff in the serial numbers seems to get a letter from the RCMP confirming antique status. Mine is under 2300.

I've seen mentions of examples in the 3000 range, any confirmation? Do we have 4000s? Ideally, I'm looking for something like "I have a conehammer, commercial, 6rd with a serial under 3100." or "I have a conehammer, turkish contract, 10rd with a serial under 500"
 
Last edited:
Jealous!!! I suspect you'll find there aren't many around. I'm not sure if any have been granted antique status... if there have been I will be on the hunt for another unicorn!!
 
There are some antique ones out there. Last I saw the price was over 8000$, I think that was more than 5 years ago.
 
I've seen at least 6 others sell since I got mine, 4 of them on the EE here and others have mentioned having them... I guess people are being secretive... ah well :(
 
Back
Top Bottom