Hi everyone. I have a Hopkins and Allen .32 rimfire handgun that is marked Ranger No.3 (possibly No.8?)
I have heard of No.2's but not No.3's. Can anyone shed some light on this. I am trying to get the grips off to see underneath if there are any markings - but they are on tight and the nut is pretty worn. The barrel is octagon and the revolver holds 5 cartridges.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, how could I date this handgun? Is this considered a pre-1898 antique? Didn't H&A go bankrupt in 1898?
Thanks in advance for any help you can send me way!
Cheers!
Rob
I have heard of No.2's but not No.3's. Can anyone shed some light on this. I am trying to get the grips off to see underneath if there are any markings - but they are on tight and the nut is pretty worn. The barrel is octagon and the revolver holds 5 cartridges.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, how could I date this handgun? Is this considered a pre-1898 antique? Didn't H&A go bankrupt in 1898?
Thanks in advance for any help you can send me way!
Cheers!
Rob


















































