Hopkins and Allen Ranger 2 Question

2strklvr

Regular
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Location
Muskoka, Ontario
Just picked up one of these little spur trigger revolvers in really nice shape. Wierd thing is it has bright red coloured grips with sort of a marbled look to them. Initially I thought they had been replaced, but upon closer inspection I believe that they are original. Is this possible? We've all seen antiques with wood, ivory and black hard rubber grips, but bright red? Does anybody else have one of these with red or any other unconventionaly coloured grips? I will say with the nickel finish it's quite striking in appearance.
 
I suspect that you are seeing celluloid grips, a very early plastic.
One of my revolvers has celluloid grips with a swirled marbled pattern - not red though.
Be careful, celluloid can be brittle.
 
Not quite, but close. Could be the pics, but mine are less orange looking, more red. Also my pistol has an octagon barrel. I'll have to try and get some pics up.
I suspect that you are seeing celluloid grips, a very early plastic.
One of my revolvers has celluloid grips with a swirled marbled pattern - not red though.
Be careful, celluloid can be brittle.

Duly noted. I took them off last night and while I was careful they didn't seem overly fragile. I will definitely handle them gingerly in the future though. As it stands right now they are in very nice shape as is the entire pistol.
 
Here's a couple of pics.

2z9aa69.jpg


awtgnt.jpg


dnd1yr.jpg
 
this is my old one. i dont know if i sold it or still have it somewhere. and i seen lots like it and have had lots of them
AND YES It's FACTORY!

i think i have some Videos on it on my youtube page. (shooting) if not this one , one of my others.

image006.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom