Hornady non-sabot projectiles

Siffleu

Member
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi all,
Just want your input about the use of non-sabot projectile in a modern blackpowder rifle.

my Knight Revolution manual say it's not good to use non-sabot lead projectile. They say it's dangerous if there is space between projectiles and powder. However the hornady non-sabot are made of copper, not lead

should I care or not ? My reseller said theses are a must to use compared to the use of sabot ones.

what do you think ?

thanks
 
It is dangerous if the bullet slides forward of the powder, it acts like a plug. I have seen the results of this and it isn't good. I friend lent out a muzzleloader and it came back with a bulged barrel. It could even blow up in your face. I don't know if the bullets you are talking about would slide forward or not. I shoot nothing but patched balls in my muzzleloader.
 
I just tried these and they work great. They are the 300gr.bullits. They have a hollow base that expands as powder burns to seal the barrel. they are also easy to load and fit snug in the rifling. no fear of sliding forward. As with all sabits , these have to be seated against the powder. I shoot triple 7 pellets with a charge of 100gr
 
Back
Top Bottom