How compatible are the Uberti "1885 Winchesters" with originals?

41 Colt

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
307   0   0
Location
BC
I have a Winchester 1885 low wall coming soon and would like a source for spare parts. Are the new Uberti replicas designed exactly like the originals?
 
I'm not a big fan of Uberti repros, however, the mainspring and trigger spring may be very different as most originals(early ones) used leaf springs, the leaf type lever spring is attached to the barrel, on originals. My 1901 original 1885 "low wall" has all leaf springs, my C. Sharps "Highwall" has newer coil springs, I don't know whats on Ubertis. I would think you would be better off to source parts from Uberti, as they would be easier to get, cheaper, made for the rifle and shouldn't need altering. There are many places to get parts for original 1885s in the USA.
 
I'm not a big fan of Uberti repros, however, the mainspring and trigger spring may be very different as most originals(early ones) used leaf springs, the leaf type lever spring is attached to the barrel, on originals. My 1901 original 1885 "low wall" has all leaf springs, my C. Sharps "Highwall" has newer coil springs, I don't know whats on Ubertis. I would think you would be better off to source parts from Uberti, as they would be easier to get, cheaper, made for the rifle and shouldn't need altering. There are many places to get parts for original 1885s in the USA.
Ah, Ben, cut us mortals some slack....Uberti repro`s are about the only way we can enjoy the pleasure of shooting real firearms (you know, those made before 1899;) )......Unless of course, you want to sell me your "Low Wall" for $1,000?...Pretty please?..:p
But, I have ever had a bad experience (touch wood) with an Uberti...So, I can`t complain....
 
I couldn't part with an org. low wall, but it's not clear to me, and this is why my post was all over the place, is this low wall you have coming an original and if so, what range is the S/n???
 
They don't compare with the originals but then what does? If you check out their website there are several disclaimers on their replica parts that they are only built for Uberti guns, at least for the lever guns.
 
Back
Top Bottom