How do I re-assemble a .32rf?

braun

Regular
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Location
Ontario
I recently picked up a few .32rf revolvers of the Iver Johnson "Defender" type. They all have a few issues and I'd like to play around with them, but since there's no sideplate to remove I can't see what's going on or how the different parts fit together. I'm new to .32rf's, maybe I'm missing something?

Does anybody know where I can find schematics or an assembly guide?
 
Last edited:
There's not a lot of parts in there, so long as you dont lose any springs you will be fine. Just drive out the pins with a long pin of a slightly smaller diameter (I use a nail with the end filed flat). When you pull the nail out be ready to catch parts that might fly away.
 
Thanks Fiscus, I'm just worried that after I get the parts out of the frame I won't be able to get them back in!

Has anybody worked on these before? Are they too much of a challenge for beginners like me? These Defenders are in poor condition and I don't mind learning on them..
 
they are the best for beginners I've found, its hard to go wrong with them ...so simple and hardly any parts if you cant figure one of those little guys out you dont want to be messing with its big brothers like a Colt SAA or anything like that.
 
Back
Top Bottom