How has a thread served it's purpose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr.e moose

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
193   0   1
Location
Alberta.
How can a discussion have served it's purpose if no resolution has been found? Quite a few times a WTS pops up and I PM the member that I will take it .Nothing.Days go by.Suddenly it is sold.How did the seller miss my "I WILL TAKE IT"Sure the EE drives CGN but when someone puts a price on something that price should be that price. Laziness is not a excuse.
 
maybe you were 3 down the line, most sellers are courteous enough to let you know that but yep some are lazy and don't fill you in
 
Been there, felt that way at first until you realize that there are probably 5 other guys that feel just like you.

You have to be quick if you see something at a price you want it for.

Also look at the number of other people that have viewed the thread, if more than 1 or two there's a chance it might already be gone.

There's no way the seller has a chance to immediately update the thread and they may be busy exchanging info with the buyer. As well in the mean time remember there are likely another 15 people saying they will take it. The seller will likely send all 15 the same 'sorry, sold' message. You win some you lose some. That's life but keep trying. It does eventually work out.

**Edit, by your feedback score you've won plenty of times.**
 
It's not so much about whether the person got the gun or not but rather about sellers not responding to messages or updating listings. And we are not talking about not "immediately" updating ads. When 3 or 4 days or more go by, that's plenty of time to respond to messages or update the ad. This thread is likely started in response to the one I started a couple of days ago that has been locked. In fairness to the seller, he finally replied to me last evening after I sent a final, not quite so nice message.
 
Some sellers on the EE don't respond to PM'S at all. It takes all kinds. Sometimes prospective buyers leave a lot to be desired as well. I have found most CGN members to be pretty decent over all personally.
 
I have had excellent results until the last few items I Have up for sale. One was a I WILL TAKE IT and than changes his mind saying he did not know what I will take it means? Another after packing and getting a shipping price he is gone. I always get back to offers or let buyer know if others have beat him to buy. A few other mixed up buyers.
 
Wow an EE rant in here, how about that. I thought EE rants were only allowed on Tuesdays?

Updated the list.
CGN thread topics and days allowed V 2.0!

Monday- Shooting into space, mag capacity
Tuesday- Bear defense, FRT numbers, EE and Site sponsor rants
Wednesday- Zombie, SHTF guns, all conspiracy theories
Thursday- AR re-classification, CCW, ISIS, and associated terrorists
Friday- AR vs. Tavor vs. XCR vs. ACR vs. VZ/CZ vs. SL-8
Saturday- What's the best/ first handgun/ rifle to buy
Sunday- Slamfire stocks. Fudds vs. mall ninjas.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom