How I check my .45 cal kentucky ML bore

Ed Smurf

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Location
KZ Quebec
I always wanted to inspect my .45 ML bore but couldn't find anything that fit ( years ago). I bought a bore light (CVA) but it was for .50 cal and larger. But upon inspection, I notice that most of the cylinder was less than .45.....so being the smart a$$ that I am, I carefully ground off the knurled part close to the lens...and voila. BTW, these are getting harder to find.


 
Last edited:
For a quick and nasty I use the tracking light some archers use in the nock of their arrow when shooting in the evening. Found them at a local sporting good store and if I remember they were about 3 dollars. They light up when the string is released and can be turned off by pulling out on the light end. Good for most guns as they are about .20 cal.
 
I've seen this light on www.buffaloarms.com # RMC616 @ $9.60.I would have picked one up on my last order but I didn't trip over this till it was too late.Supposed to be for .45 cal.I use a little .$.99 job I get at KMS Tools that drops down the barrel of my .54 if you pull the little rubber on/off button out.It has a longer flexible neck on it which I will cut off and shorten and if I mess it up,oh well there goes a buck !!!A guy might want to take the little knob off the end as it 'll wedge itself into a patented breech if you slide her down in too much of a hurry.
 
For a quick and nasty I use the tracking light some archers use in the nock of their arrow when shooting in the evening. Found them at a local sporting good store and if I remember they were about 3 dollars. They light up when the string is released and can be turned off by pulling out on the light end. Good for most guns as they are about .20 cal.

What is really handy about the arrow lights is that you can keep one in your wallet and check the bore of guns at a gunshow

cheers mooncoon
 
Beside the arrow nocks another easy one is the lights for lighted fishing Bobbers. You can buy them at any good fishing department. They only cost a couple of bucks, can be turned off and on and last nearly forever. They are less than 10 calibre so fit all guns. The green coloured ones show up the bore real well but the yellow work good too..
 
Back
Top Bottom