How much ammo are you keeping in the gun room these days?

200 - 9mm FMJ 115g S&B Steel jacket FMJ
300 - 9mm JHP mostly Winchester Ranger LE SXT and T-Series, a box of golden sabres, a box of hydrashoks and a box of Black talons in there as well.
200 - 9mm Random 115g target FMJ
500 - 7.62x51 SA and Norc mix
50 - .308 SP various hunting ammo
500 - .22lr mix stingers, velociters, HP
200 - 12gauge Winchester Ranger LE tactical 00
100 - 12gauge Winchester Ranger LE tactical slug
20 - 12gauge 3" mag slug
200 - 12gauge various small game loads

And more random tidbits kicking around...
 
2000 7.62x39 Czech
200 7.62x39 PRVI
1800 9mm (sxt, AE, Wolf)
1700 .45 (Fiocchi, Wolf)
2000 .22 AE Hp 38gr
300 12 gauge Federal
900 .223 AE
 
Wait, what is the legal limit?


The limit is based on 225 kg net weight of the powder contained within the cartridges, so with:
1 lb = 7000 grains
1 kg = 2.205 lbs

You get 1kg = 2.205 lb = 15,432 grains

So you can have 3,472,280 grains of powder within cartridges

That means for various calibres

223 at 25 grains = 139,000 rounds
7.62x39 at 28 grains = 124,000 rounds
308 at 45 grains = 77,000 rounds

and the winner

22LR at about 2 grains = 1.7 million rounds (a bit over $ 100,000 at $30/brick)
 
Guys, this isn't an overly bright thread. Why on earth do you want to tell the world how much ammunition you have on hand? It's a personal choice I guess. Kind of like going on to facebook and twitter and spilling your guts to the world. Does it give you a warm and squishy feeling?
Ok, enough bashing you for this faux paux. There are people monitoring this site that aren't your friends. Even the administrators of the site, admit to this going on. I sometimes wonder, if these threads aren't started by trolls.

Common sense needs to kick in here.
 
Guys, this isn't an overly bright thread. Why on earth do you want to tell the world how much ammunition you have on hand? It's a personal choice I guess. Kind of like going on to facebook and twitter and spilling your guts to the world. Does it give you a warm and squishy feeling?
Ok, enough bashing you for this faux paux. There are people monitoring this site that aren't your friends. Even the administrators of the site, admit to this going on. I sometimes wonder, if these threads aren't started by trolls.

Common sense needs to kick in here.

yup!
 
I'm trying to keep a "reasonable" amount so have shot off the excess...

7500 .22 LR
250 .22 Short
1500 .22WMR
850 .380
2500 .38 SPL
150 .38 S&W
50 .357 Mag
4000 9mm
350 .40 (going soon =- dont have a Fo-Tay no mo)
900 .45
1500 .223
3000 7.62x39
950 7.62x54r
850 8 mm Mauser
350 6.5x55
900 .303 Brit
1800 .308/7.62x51
200 7 mm Rem Mag
50 7mm Mauser
140 32 Win Spl
1800 12 ga.
500 20 ga
650 .410
200 16 ga
 
not enough.....

But I'm reloading again :D

I have piles of spent brass all sorted into coffee cans ready to be cleaned sized and reloaded. My primer stocks are Ok, but I should buy some more soon, and I know I'm going to be running out of projectiles sometime in the next few months so I better stock up on those again.

I do know that I have 25 rounds of 450-577 Marini Henry loaded up last night :D add that to the 9 rounds I have left over from my last shoot (lost one case a few weeks back :( )
 
LOL WOW some of you guys are prepared for a WAR i buy in bulk and i shoot in bulk i dont keep maybe i should start Keeping instead of going to the range
 
I think if a person has very large amounts of ammo it would be wise to keep it on the low down and not disclose how much on the net . the UN is trying to push all the countrys to destroy all their surplus ammo stocks and limit or stop ammo sales and importing to law abiding citizens across the so called free world. you never know what the UN will push on us, like a ammo limit? the socialists have realized that making regulations on ammo is easier than making them on firearms and a gun with no ammo is just scrap metal.
 
Back
Top Bottom