How to determine between helled or regular bullet?

Slowbalt

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
42   0   2
Hey,

Some of you might remember my belgian 380 saga. Well I now know for sure it is 380 revolver short. So I've got that going for me. I ordered bullets from France, one sample pack of heeled bullets, and a sample pack of regular bullets. I tried to drop them through the cylinder and the regular drops free, while the heeled bullet hangs just a little bit (a feather would likely push it out). So my question is : How do I find out what my revolver is designed for? Do I just try to load each and see what it likes best, or is there a risk to that? The regular is 360ish while the heeled is 375ish.
 
Try both and see what works best. I have antiques that are the same except bore size so bullets are undersized so one fits all. The bullets are generally made with pure lead so they're soft enough to bump up to seel the bore from the pressure of the powder being fired.
 
Awesome. Bore size is in the 355-358ish. I was just afraid that the .375 bullet would somehow explode or something ;)
 
Well... Tried with the 375... Too tight of a fit for my liking. That 0.020 seems way too big.

Guess it'll be .358!
 
Back
Top Bottom