How to give up shooting-FAST

Try not to hurl...



http://seanlinnane.########.ca/2010/04/savage-model-10mlss-50-caliber-muzzle.html

It beleive that Randy Wakeman has another set of photos of a 10ML2 (Stainless / laminate) that pipe bombed. At least I think it was Wakeman...or Toby Bridges....one of those internet clowns.
 
Last edited:
When dealing with any toy you must pay attention.

I knew a very strong gentleman- but after a hard day of dirting he decided to show off. The bike was not that big so he grabbed it and lifted in up over the side of the pickup and into the back.

One of his hand holds was the exhaust pipe immediately exiting the cylinder.
I learned a lot of new swear words that day.
janice
 
The result of being distracted at the range while loading perhaps? Could possibly have been trying out loads with both smokeless as well as blackpowder/substitutes and had components/loading tools for both. The thought of using smokeless in any front stuffer doesn't sit right with me, I don't care if the manufacturer says its safe to do so or not. Even if the guy was a total dumbazz, I still feel sorry for him.
 
Thats sucks - I am surprised that a manufacturer would OK the use of smokeless in a ML in todays world. Met a fellow once a long time ago that put pistol powder in a ML while drinking back in the 70's . Disfigured for life.
 
That is terrible, I really never got the point of firing muzzle loaders in this day and age. Rather just toss a ready made bullet in to a store bought gun, and safely pull the trigger. Just seems like alot of work, and room for errors for me. Maybe when I have been in the sport longer, I will get it, but for now, ready made ammo for me.
 
Reasons for using the nitrocellulose-based smokeless in muzzle loaders are the same reasons you use the powers in your cartridge rifles. Better performance (muzzle velocity) due to burning slower, much easier to clean (and non-corrosive), and the bonus that the material is inherently a little more stable.

I don't shoot muzzle loaders (altho I might, it would give me another week of deer season in my WMU), but my impression is that the misconception is more common than one would like to think. "I've been shooting muzzle loaders for YEARS, I know how to load them," and end up like the picture, or worse.
 
That is terrible, I really never got the point of firing muzzle loaders in this day and age.

Hunting during "primitive weapon season" around Calgary is the only reason I own a muzzle loader. The amount of work loading and cleaning them surpassed the fun of shooting them, for me at least anyway...
 
That is terrible, I really never got the point of firing muzzle loaders in this day and age. Rather just toss a ready made bullet in to a store bought gun, and safely pull the trigger. Just seems like alot of work, and room for errors for me. Maybe when I have been in the sport longer, I will get it, but for now, ready made ammo for me.

For many, myself included, shooting muzzleloaders is addictive. Yes you have to learn how to do it safely and don't get distracted when loading among other things but it has it's rewards. I'm talking about the old style weapons, not the modern inlines like the one in the photos. Perhaps one day you'll try it and maybe like it.
 
Jesus! More like how to deter anyone from black powder....

Howto deter people from measuring smokeless powder like you would blackpowder.

Nice thing about black powder is it is very difficult to blow it up. Never seen a bp rifle blow up I stuff 120 grains of FFFG in my 45 cal with a 530 grain bullet. Burns clean but sounds like a cannon going off.

There have been many posts about savage muzzle loaders in the past. All have turned out to be idiots that didnt read the instructions or former employee's pissed off with the company.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom