How to prove to CBSA French 1892 is antique

arsenal69

Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have purchased a French Model 1892 date stamped on barrel 1895 and need to prove to CBSA that is an antique. Is there a way without RCMP verification to prove this? What else would they take as proof? I have verified the serial number and Inspector initials and am sure for myself that it is an antique.
 
Maybe call the Canadian Firearms center, give them the serial number (and barrel length/caliber) and should give you a FRT # over the phone, then give that to CBSA and they can do the homework from there...or wait long enough here and someone will have better advice --number is 800-731-4000 1 for English 1 for extension (i think) firearms tech ext is 1090
 
has it been seized by the CBSA yet? If your just worried about getting it shipped, dont. They are very familiar with the 1892, I have had several opened by the CBSA and they dont say boo. Which branch will the revolver be going through? where are you located?
 
Well I think I should have mailed it across boarder as CBSA wouldn't let it go without more proof than the date stamp on the barrel. They contacted the RCMP to verify that it is antique and forwarded me a reply confirming it is antique but still won't let it go. They have to have my information to give the RCMP and the FRT info will be sent to me to bring down to pick it up. This isn't right but again I have to follow their made up 'rules' if I want my property. I figured it would be easier in person but it was a gong show at the border, it took at least 5 officers handling it like it was a bomb about to go off yet not one confirmed it wasn't loaded. These are people carrying side arms, it was a bit scary to tell the truth.
I was carrying published proof that it was antique but that didn't matter.
Thanks for the help guys.
 
I didnt know you took it across the boarder with you. Always assume these people are little better than trained monkeys. Next time mail it to your self
 
Back
Top Bottom